Eyebrow Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
DAYS 1-7: Wash
Gently wash your eyebrows twice a day (morning and night) to remove bacteria and dead skin. Wash with water and an antibacterial soap like Soft Soap, Cetaphil or Neutrogena. With a very light touch, use your fingertips to gently rub the area in a smooth circular motion for ten (10) seconds and then rinse with water. Make sure all soap is rinsed off and gently dab to dry with tissue.
DAYS 1-7: Moisturize
Use a cotton swab twice a day (morning and night) to apply a rice grain amount of aftercare ointment and spread it across the treated area. The layer of ointment should be barely noticeable on your skin. Do not use too much ointment; it will suffocate your skin and delay healing. Never apply ointment on a wt or damp tattoo.
IMPORTANT: If abnormal itching, irritation, redness, swelling, or fever should appear, please contact a physician immediately. These could be signs of a potentially serious medical condition that should be addressed.
DAY OF TREATMENT: Absorb
Gently blot the area with a clean tissue to absorb excess lymph fluid. Do this every five (5) minutes until there is no more lymphatic drainage. This helps prevent hardening of the lymphatic fluid and a scab from forming, which will increase pigment retention.
TIPS for a more successful procedure outcome, please observe the following:
- Use a fresh pillowcase the day of the treatment and avoid sleeping on your face for the first ten (10) days. We advise changing your pillowcase every 3 days.
- NO makeup or any other products on the treated areas for ten (10) days.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Allow any scabbing or dry skin to naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring.
- Avoid heavy sweating or exercise for the first ten (10) days.
- Avoid topical makeup including sunscreen on the treated area for ten (10) days.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for three (3) to four (4) weeks after the procedure.
- NO facials, Botox, chemical treatments, or microdermabrasion for four (4) weeks.
- Wear a hat when outdoors to protect the treated area.
PLEASE NOTE: Eyebrows will appear darker and bolder due to natural scabbing and healing for the first ten (10) days.
This is very common for all permanent cosmetic procedures.
LONG TERM CARE:
- Use a good sunscreen on your eyebrows as sun exposure will fade your permanent cosmetics.
- If you are planning a chemical peel, laser procedure, or MRI scan, please inform your technician of your permanent cosmetics.
- The use of Retin A/Tretinoin, chemical peels, acid peels, laser treatments or any other rapid skin exfoliation products or procedure used regularly will cause the permanent cosmetic to the eyebrow area to fade prematurely.
A touch-up may be required two (2) to three (3) months after the initial procedure due to many factors that can affect pigment retention. Return in six (6) to (DELETE 6) eight (8) weeks after the initial application to allow the procedure area to fully heal for an evaluation.